Thursday, January 6, 2011

And the Waiting Continues

I have been waiting since Monday to hear back from the insurance company.  Last night for the first time in 3 days, I was able to swing by the new house, just to find that a message had been left on Tuesday saying the repair had been approved...but they wanted to use a salvaged gas tank instead of a new one.
Will the tank won't be as good as a new one, plus what if it has sand or debris in it?  Will the insurance pay for repairs caused by a used tank?  If it makes no difference in what our rate increase will be, there is no reason not to get the new part.

So, again we wait.  I have to stand by to hear  on whether they can go ahead with the repairs using the used parts or if we can get new parts.  Hopefully, I'll have my car back soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment