Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Can You Actually Die From Embarassment?

So, as moms sometimes do, I used a word I should not have said in front of my 5 year old yesterday.  We were talking about things she knows and she challenged with "I can count to 10 faster than you."  Then she announced "10, I win."  I told her that was not counting which she countered with "my teacher looks at things, says 10 and tells us she counted them."  That's when the bad word fell out as I responded "that's bullsh*t.  That is announcing a number, not counting."

So why does this matter at all, since surely I'm not the first mom in history to say such a word.  Because at 1:22p today my phone rang.  The elementary principal was calling to let me know my daughter stood up in class and announced to her teacher "My mom says the way you teach math is bullsh*t."

I was so embarrased I swear she could see me blushing over the phone!  Of course the quote wasn't quite accurate, and I assured the principal we would discuss appropriate language to use at school.  When my daughter got home, she even admitted she knew she shouldn't say that word. 

To make it worse, I am after all the wife of one of the teachers so this is especially difficult to live with.  I may not live through grade school!

No comments:

Post a Comment