Wednesday, April 11, 2012

A Long Overdue Update

Wow, I have doe so incredibly bad with keeping up with my blog lately!  I hate that so much has happened without me updating.  Then again, it is because so much has been happening that I haven't updated, lol.

First, I have received my first calling within the Church.  I am Relief Society Second Counselor.  This is a huge calling especially for someone so new in the Church.  I really thought at first there must be a mistake.  Now, I realize Heavenly Father calls us to exactly where he needs us to be.  I did my first homemakers meeting which I was very worried about but it went great.  I am teaching my first RS lesson on Sunday.  I have spent much time in prayer and know I am ready.

I have gotten Nicci, Meli, and Dani enrolled in Calvert for next year.  We love the flexiblity and the curriculum.  I'm not sure we will ever go back to brick and mortar school!

Mak is a real spitfire these days.  He still insists he is the baby, refuses to even consider using the potty, and is the world's best snuggler!  Honestly, even at his worse, I wouldn't want to miss a second of it!

Tabi has decided she is real people.  She crawls super fast, has 4 teeth, eats everything, and is trying to figure out walking.  It's going way too fast!

The house still isn't quite finished.  We are close but things just seem to be stacking up against us.  I know that it will happen in its own time but I am so ready for it to be done. 

Which brings us to how I suddenly have time to update my blog.  Last week I was working on the house, hanging some blinds, general cleaning, etc.  It was raining and I saw that one of the blinds I had been cleaning was left out on the basketball slab.  I ran out there to grab it, slipped on the wet concret, and dislocated my knee.  It hurt so bad that I actually ended up in the emergency room.

Now, I am in an immobilizer, using crutches, overdoing far to often, and trying to heal.  It still hurts a lot, still keeps swelling, and is completely not cooperating.  I really planned for this to be a couple of days then back to normal.  But here I sit!  Well, at least I found time to blog!

No comments:

Post a Comment