Friday, November 2, 2012

Mak is Sharing...


Everything!  He is getting the little brother he wants.  Well, at least he wants him now, it may be a different story once he is here, lol.  They said Albrecht Xavier looks good, but they didn't get as good of pictures of his heart as they would have liked (more on that in a moment), so I go in for a repeat ultrasound in 4 weeks.

On the down side of today, I met one of the rudest doctors I have ever encountered.  He was the "high-risk doctor for the diagnosics center (they do all the ultrasounds)Ugh!  According to him, since this will be my 4th c-section, it should be my last.  Is this based on something he saw in the ultrasound, some medically based concern for me, Albrecht, or a future baby?  Nope, it's based totally on his view that 4 c-sections is too many.  Oh, and that I'm fat.  According to him, the only way they could have gotten good pictures of the heart "based on how far along [I am] and [my] size" is if the baby had been laying flat on his back face up toward my belly button with his arms spread out.  Okay, I know I'm not a doctor, but I have had an ultrasound or 2, lol.  I have never been told there was a problem seeing anything because of my size, and I have been bigger.  And, as far as how far along I was, his office knew my due date, and they are the ones that scheduled the appointment based on a recommendation from my own OB.

I pointed out to Dr. Rude that would discuss whether or not I could safely have more with my doctor. He stated that any church that advocated the continuation of procreation at the risk of fetal or maternal injury should be ashamed and anyone who belonged to such a religion should find a new church. Let me first point out that although we believe in the commandment to be fruitful and multiply, I have never found anyone in the Church that feels that means to the detriment of mother and/or child. In fact I have heard just the opposite over and over again.

I would like to say that I have already talked to my doctor about this very concern.  His opinion (and this is the one I will follow!) is that we should watch this pregnancy progress, see if there are any problems as we move forward, and assess whether future children would be safe as we near the end of the pregnancy.  He says that for some women 2 is too many, but he has seen women have 6 or more with no issues.

Anyway, there was more to our conversation that I will not go into, the end result being that he's a rude jerk, thinks no one should ever have more than 3 csections, and perhaps fat women should not be allowed to get pregnant at all.  Of course, I'm summarizing. 

Oh well, it can't all be sunshine and rainbows I guess.  And the important thing for today, is that I currently have a healthy looking baby and everything looks good with me so far.  I'll try to just smile and be patient when I have to deal with Dr. Rude (remember repeat ultrasound in 4 weeks), ignore him and continue to listen to the doctor I respect and trust!

No comments:

Post a Comment