Sunday, April 21, 2013

Still Trying To Wrap My Mind Around It

I haven't updated sooner because I have still been trung to come to terms with Al's latest dr experience.  We took him in for the more intensive hearing test on 4/12.  This one was done by an audiologist and lasted 45 minutes.  It also included a tympanometry test.  While I was fulling expecting him to pass with flying colors, instead he failed the test in both ears. 

I'll tell you the truth, I started to cry.  Anyway.  He has yet another even longer and more intensive hearing test on 4/29.  We should "know" more after that test.  But honestly, I think I already know what the results will be.  I still can't bring myself to say "those words" but, Al does not react to loud or unusual sounds around him.  No matter how much you talk to him, it does not seem to calm or comfort him at all.  He loves to be held and cuddled though.

I am still praying for different results.  I know that Al can still have a totally full and normal life, and I know there is still a chance that we will get results different than expected.  I'll update more when we "know" more.  For now, we just watch and wait.

No comments:

Post a Comment