Monday, October 27, 2014

An Amazing Weekend

The past couple of weeks have been fall break/fall intercession around here.  That means I spent a week completely over scheduling the kids trying to get everything in on their days out of school.  Nightmare level exhaustion! 

The break ended with an unforgettable marathon of a weekend.  First, Dani got into an altercation at school that ended with her arm being checked out in the ER.  Another child was unkind about her beliefs, and being young she was not as well equipped to handle it as I would have liked.  It quickly escalated into name calling and then she tried to hit him.  She missed and he pinned and twisted her arm in response.  Everyone is fine (dr says mild sprain for Dani) and we have done a lot of talking and trying to learn how to better handle conflict.  Of course, this was not a one time thing between her and this boy.  They have been at war since Pre K and I am constantly working with the school on how to help them stay apart.

My best friend and her oldest son were baptized on Saturday and confirmed members of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints on Sunday!  Her beautiful and amazing daughter had already been baptized in September.  It was such an emotional weekend.

In addition, we also had Fall Social Saturday evening and a Chili Cook-off.  I was thrilled to take first place with my chili!  The kids all got to dress up and participate in Trunk or Treat as well.  That was such a blessing for Nicci as she will be serving as the flower girl during John  Marshall's Homecoming game this Friday instead of doing the whole Trick or Treat thing this year.  She is really excited but she is also 6 so I know she would have been disappointed to miss candy altogether.


Today I have several sick kids at home.  Hopefully it's mostly just exhaustion from being too busy too many days in a row and everyone will be back on track tomorrow.  I am supposed to go for my Temple Recommend Interview at the Stake Center tomorrow.  Hard to believe it's been nearly 2 years since we were sealed together as a family.  I'm glad we have Eternity because this life is flying by too fast!

No comments:

Post a Comment