Thursday, April 28, 2011

Update on Bus Issue

This is still not resolved!  We did file a police report on Tuesday.  The officer took pictures of her injuries (several bruises and scrapes), my SD card with the pics I took Tuesday afternoon before he arrived, and her clothes from Monday.  Of course, I didn't think to take pics of her covered in mud with footprints on her on Monday.  I really never imagined I'd be filing a police report over the issue.

When the officer came, Dani was told to tell what happened completely without my interferance.  Up until then, I had understood her to be angry because during all this, someone stepped on her backpack (I know is seems odd, but you know kids).  When she was talking to the officer, I finally understood that the kid stepping on her backpack was helping to keep her on the ground!  So, it was in fact 3 kids (two in middle school and one in elementary) that did this.

As of now, the bus driver is still driving his route, and when talked to by the police this morning, he basically called us liars saying he never said it wasn't his business.  Interestingly, he also didn't do anything about what was happening on the bus. 

And of course, no one wants to get involved.  Kids that said they heard Dani screaming on Monday now don't remember hearing anything. 

The kids who attacked her have yet to receive any sort of punishment.  They are still in school, on the bus, etc.  I mean, it just makes me sick that my child was treated this way and no one is having to take any responsibility.

The administration seems to think that since my children are now on another bus, that everything that happened can just be forgotten.  I'm sorry, but that is not going to work for me.  Today, I contacted the newspapers for the cities to either side of us (we don't have a paper here).  It may not have been the best thing to do, but I am angry and frustrated by the lack of action around here.  Perhaps it will be harder to ignore what happened if everyone who reads the paper in this area hears about it!

I know that I tend to rant about a lot of things, many perhaps that are not worth worrying about.  And honestly, on those things, I cool as quickly as I get heated up.  But this was a blatent attack on my child and nothing is being done.  This I cannot let go!  The safety of my child as well as other kids is at stake here.  That's not something I'll calm down and forget about.

No comments:

Post a Comment