Friday, July 29, 2011

The Ups of Vacation

This past week, we went on vacation.  We took the kids to Jellystone Park at Lake Eufaula.  They had a blast!

We rented a cabin (about as cheap as any hotel we stay at) and it included our passes to the park.  There was a floating slide, trampoline, and play area in the lake, kayaks, paddle boats, a swimming pool, mini golf, shuffleboard, and fire truck rides.  Of course, Yogi showed up as well which just sent the kids right over the edge!

Now for the other "up" side of vacation.  I paid little to no attention to what I ate.  I kept the soda diet but indulged in ranch dressing, fried foods, cream sauces, etc.  So, as of today which is my first weigh in since 7/15, I am up 3 lbs!  Yikes!  I guess I needed the "there is no vacation from healthier eating" lesson.  Thankfully, I bought me a scale last night so I can stay on top of it from here on out.  I am also increasing my physical activity as of today so hopefully I'll see those 3 come back off and take some neighbors with them!  And, I have adjusted my weight loss goal overall.  I am now aiming for 140 as it is the top end on like 15 websites for my height.  I have adjusted my ticker accordingly and hope to see that butterfly take off in the next few weeks.

No comments:

Post a Comment