Saturday, July 30, 2011

A New Scale On the Matter

Yesterday, I was upset that I gained 3 lbs while we were "on vacation".  The most amazing thing has happened!  Either, I lost 4 lbs in 24 hours or there is something to be said for always using the same scale.  I am going to believe it is more likely the latter.  So, I'm not going to freak out over what the new scale says.  I'm just going to look for consistent loss on it.  I am keeping my ticker based on the new scale, but I'm not going to stress if I go to the dr, health club, etc and it weighs me in at higher than I way at home.

Also, I am really working on portion sizes, calorie counting, and exercising.  Since I find it highly unlikely that I will be carrying a food scale along with  measuring cups and spoons everytime I leave the house, I am trying to use my personal measuring device (my hand) paired with some info I learned from Rachel Ray (really helps in measuring salad dressing and other liquids).  So far, I am doing really well with this since when I check myself at home I am always extremely close.

We took the kids to the Oklahoma Science Museum today and paired that with the Hibachi Grill for dinner.  By making good choices I was able to have the entire meal eating until I was full and including strawberry ice cream for dessert while still staying within my calorie goal for today.  And, that was even before I added in my exercise. 

So far I have stayed under my 1320 calories for 2 consecutive days and burned an additional 1098 calories with exercise!  According to myfitnesspal.com, where I am tracking exercise and calories, if I stay on my current path, I should be under 240 within 5 weeks.  That is about 3.5 lbs a week.  I know that may not sound like much to a lot of people, but that's a big change for me.  Really, anything where the scale goes down is a big change.  I know that if I plan to keep the weight off long term, I've got to do it the right way and make real changes.  No fasting/starving/binging.  Just slow and steady steps forward.  If I keep up the current pace and the projection is accurate, I should be able to hit my goal in about 34 weeks.  That means by next Spring, I could be rocking a whole new wardrobe.  I can hardly wait until Monday when I check my weight again for the official record on my ticker.

No comments:

Post a Comment