Wednesday, August 10, 2011

A Healthy New Addiction

I'm ready to admit it.  I am addicted to Zumba!  It is so fun.  I honestly can't get enough.  I did 40 minutes Monday, 50 minutes yesterday, 45 minutes today and I can't wait until I get to Zumba again tomorrow.  I know it's exercise but I see now why it's so popular.  It is energizing with great music.  I'm still a bit uncoordinated so I miss some steps and do others completely backwards, but I'm moving! The time passes so fast that it's like I'm not even working out.  Don't misunderstand that.  I work, hard and I sweat, a lot.  It's just that doing the Zumba routines is like going to a party.  It seems like as soon as I start, it's over but in fact I've burned some serious calories!  I have to be careful though, I mean too much of even a good thing can be bad.  So, I limit my sessions to 1-2 routines per day.  I'm building up slowly with more complex routines as I go.  I plan to make Zumba a healthy part of my routine as I get more fit.  After all, exercise that is enjoyable is always going to be a plus.  And, if I'm going to lose the weight and keep it off, I'm going to have to make long term plans to stay with both the healthier eating and the increased activity. 

No comments:

Post a Comment