Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Zumba My Booty Off

I'm sure it's clear that I was very unhappy with my Monday weigh in.  So, starting yesterday I have made a commitment to exercise at least 20 minutes 5 days a week.  I started Zumba.  I tried it once before and thought this may be too much, but I have really gotten into it the last couple of days.  I did 40 minutes yesterday and 50 minutes today.  It is so much fun!  It burns a ton of calories and I'm actually looking forward to exercise.  I want to be sure not to overdo it but so far I'm feeling great.

On a much less fun note, I also did about 40 minutes of housework yesterday and added squats to the laundry.  I have to say, I prefer the Zumba workout, but it all burns calories so at least there's that benefit. 

I have way increased my water consumption.  Honestly, I hate to drink water.  I always say I prefer my water with a little Dr. Pepper in it, lol.  But, yesterday I drank all 8 glasses and so far today I am at 4.  I have been trying to drink 2 glasses just before I eat.  It is really helping me not feel so hungry while eating a smaller portion.

I won't lie.  I'm not seeing the light at the end of the tunnel but at least I don't feel like I'll never see that light.  I feel really good and hope that this is a sign that this is getting easier.  I truly am committed not just for me, but also for my kids. 

No comments:

Post a Comment