Friday, May 4, 2012

How Much For A Bump?

So, I went and got an estimate on repairs today.  First quote = $1564.27!  Really?  It's a bumper, a light, and a dented hood.  What is that Uplander made of anyway?  And of course, we are looking at replacing the car seats because that's what insurance, etc recommends.  They look fine but better safe than sorry later, right?  How does $200 to $356 sound?  OMG, what do they make car seats out of?  But, in all fairness, I need to replace 4 so I guess that's not too bad.  The police say the accident report won't be ready until next Thursday, but my totally fantastic State Farm agent is already working to help me get this resolved.  How completely great is that?  Well, we will see what next week brings as far as news on the car.  At least it is mostly cosmetic (my left turn signal doesn't work so that is a little mechanical) and no one was hurt.  Plus, the car is still completely driveable so thank goodness for that.  It is so hard for us to function with one car (kudos to all those who do it every day!).

On an unrelated note, we are now getting rid of all our rated R (or NC17) movies.  Wow, I never realized we had so many.  Well, it's a good cleansing.  I still need to get into the habit of spending more time reading my scriptures each day.  I know it's important so I really will try.  We now do family prayer mornings and evenings.  I love coming together in prayer to start and end the day. 

The house is really moving right along.  We got the fence up and Monday I will be cleaning and setting up Mak's room.  We really fell behind when I messed up my knee (it still hurts but I have to get things done, so, on we go).  We are so close but this last little bit seems to be taking FOREVER!  Oh well, it will so be worth it when it is finally done.  And, this is the last time I ever plan to move so it makes sense to make sure everything is just right.

Okay, enough for now.  For some reason the children think they need dinner and that I need to cook it.  I'm sure one day I'll miss them needing me so I better enjoy it while I can.

No comments:

Post a Comment