Thursday, May 3, 2012

A Smashing Day

Well, today was a roller coaster day.  First, the girls (Dani, Meli, and Nicci) were in a local talent show.  Dani played her keyboard and all 3 girls sang I Am a Child of God.  They did great and I was so very proud of them.  The talent show was long though with getting there at 12:30 and the last act leaving the stage at 3:10.  So by the time it was over, all the kids were tired (Tabi and Mak had missed a nap!) and ready to go home.  It's only a few blocks so how long could it take, right?

Well, I needed to stop by the new house for a second to grab something, then I headed for home.  I was about 3 blocks from the house when a young driver pulled across my lane way.  She was way too close for me to stop in time!  I swerved but still managed to hit her near her rear passenger tire.  Arg!  Then, of course, I moved the car before the police arrived since the rear was still sticking out into the road and all 5 kids were inside.  I know I shouldn't have moved, but my first though was what if someone else hits the van. 

So, those quick 3 blocks home took over an hour and added a trip to the body shop to tomorrow's schedule to get an estimate on the repairs. Luckily, the car still runs and no one was hurt so it is just an inconvience and cosmetic damage, but it still is frustrating. Here is the damage:


Hers

 Mine
Hopefully, I'll come home tomorrow with good news of quick repairs! 

No comments:

Post a Comment