Wednesday, May 16, 2012

Newer Not Better

We finally got the car dropped off at the repair shop yesterday.  First, it had to be cleaned out.  I had no idea there was that much stuff in there.  It took nearly an hour and I am still not sure why some of that stuff was in the car in the first place, lol.  Anyway, they said it will be at least Friday and probably early next week before the car is done. 

So, off we go to pick up the rental.  They had us the craziest locking key/remote I have ever seen to a 2012 Chrysler Town & Country.  Let me first start by saying fuel wise, it is awesome.  Even with my driving it averages better than 22mpg.  And, there is mass cargo space behind the rear seats  plus if you do have less than 5 kids, the stow & go option is nice.  Other than that, I am not a fan of the T&C.  The rear seats lean way too far back and we cannot figure out how to change that.  There is no DVD player in this rental (I thought that was practically standard issue in vehicles these days, lol.) However, it does have this huge screen that shows a backup camera when it is in reverse.  I'm sure there are tons of people who love this, but to me it seems rather confusing.  And, it has satellite radio which means I spent the whole trip home scanning to find something in a genre I liked, just to hate the selections and switch back to regular radio.  I know, both of those can be found in a wide range of vehicles and are not exclusive to the T&C.  Now, let me share the downside to that "mass cargo space".  Everything else seems so cramped!  I generally sit all kinds of stuff (purse, takeout, etc) in the passenger's floorboard of the Uplander, but found there to be very little floor space in the T&C.  And, it was tighter for the kids to get through the spaces into the back as well. 

I know these are just first impressions and the T&C may grow on me this week, but you know what they say about first impressions so I thought I'd share mine with you.

Well, I have to go figure out where to put all the stuff that came out of the Uplander yesterday and continue to hope for super fast repairs!

No comments:

Post a Comment